Research interests: personality and temperament theory and measurement including comprehensive temperament theory; comprehensive approach to measurement of emotions. Developed personality scales include: Emotional Empathy, Achieving Tendency, Self-Esteem, Optimism, Violence Risk, Dominance (or Internal Control), Arousal (or Sensation) Seeking, Trait Arousability (or general Emotionality),Trait Anxiety, Depression, Habitual Alcohol & Drug Use, Somatism, Panic Disorder, Affiliative Tendency (or sociability). Developed child development scales include: Comprehensive Measures of Child Language Ability (CLAM), Child Arousability, Parental Attitudes Scales. Currently engaged in extensive research on Emotional Intelligence (defined as an individual's potential for life success).
- Aggression, Conflict, Peace
- Applied Social Psychology
- Communication, Language
- Emotion, Mood, Affect
- Helping, Prosocial Behavior
- Motivation, Goal Setting
- Nonverbal Behavior
- Personality, Individual Differences
- Political Psychology
Note from the Network: The holder of this profile has certified having all necessary rights, licenses, and authorization to post the files listed below. Visitors are welcome to copy or use any files for noncommercial or journalistic purposes provided they credit the profile holder and cite this page as the source.
- Mehrabian, A. (1991). Your inner path to investment success: Insights into the psychology of investing. Chicago: Probus.
- Mehrabian, A. (1990). The name game: The decision that lasts a lifetime. New York: Penguin.
- Mehrabian, A. (1987). Eating characteristics and temperament: General measures and interrelationships. New York: Springer.
- Mehrabian, A. (1980). Silent messages: Implicit communication of emotions and attitudes (2nd ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth.
- Blum, J. S., & Mehrabian, A. (1999). Personality and temperament correlates of marital satisfaction. Journal of Personality, 66, 93-125.
- Mehrabian, A. (2000, May). Beyond IQ: Broad-based measurement of individual success potential or "emotional intelligence." Genetic, Social, and General Psychology Monographs.
- Mehrabian, A. (1998). Effects of poll reports on voter preferences. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 28, 2119-2130.
- Mehrabian, A. (1997). Relations among personality scales of aggression, violence, and empathy: Validational evidence bearing on the Risk of Eruptive Violence Scale. Aggressive Behavior, 23, 433-445.
1130 Alta Mesa Road
Monterey, California 93940
- Phone: (888) 363-1732
- Email: email@example.com